Saturday 13 July 2013

The paper pony died

Not every piece of art is creepy but in the competition for space they've got at least as much going for them as the other pictures.  We were slightly disturbed but also delighted when our then 3 or 4 year old produced this one.  I can't remember having anything else laminated.   


We had no reason  to fear though, it certainly wasn't the last of the weird.  When she was in her first year of school I was scanning the wall to find her picture..  The teacher had written what each of the children had said they'd drawn.   In amongst  'my family', 'a butterfly' and 'my favourite rainbow' I saw 'shark attacking two seals' - that's our girl!

On a sad note, today I had to sit through the funeral of a paper horse whose head and tail had  fallen off.  The 6 year old led the ceremony although the book she was 'reading' from about his short life was actually Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  The funeral took some time and in the end I had to tell her to wrap it up because we were heading out.  Here he is laid out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment